INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, email address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and payment information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought for yourself or others or returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
- Education information, such as degree and schooling information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How We Collect Information.
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, other demographic information and reviews of our web site or products that we sell.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and other information about you from Walmart business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Cookies and other Technologies. We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site:
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising and content or other activities.
- Information collected by third parties. We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, Walmart, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on and off our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.